Another late one, woo! Ms. Hannah, Got Any Tunes’s Alvvays expert, shared a notebook dump of observations and below are some photos I shot – Enjoy!
- Alvvays is the type of band you’d bring home to your mom– cordial and collected with a sprinkling of comedy.
- If you can believe it, “Archie, Marry Me” actually sounds better when it’s accompanied by a singing audience.
- With Molly in her jazzy janitor suit and Kerri in her teacher-y plaid trousers, the two ladies tag-teamed the Grade School Faculty™ look. If you know me, you know I ate it right up.
- The lights really corresponded with the mood of every song, especially “Party Police” (a personal fave). Emotion is so raw in color.
- Unfortunately, there were some technical difficulties during their set, but watching how they worked through them and supported each other was extra heartwarming.
- Definitely saw Monica Laplante as I was waiting in line! Always fun to get an idea about what inspires our very own local scene here in Minneapolis.
- What was that cover they closed with?! Such a fun song for them. Tried and failed to find it on the Internet though. Wondering if it came from friends of theirs?
- Jay Som gave us a beautiful introduction to an overall fantastic night. I walked in right as they started “I Think You’re Alright.” Check them out if you haven’t!